Alex & Mino spent the last week in Bali and had an amazingly relaxing 9 days - 9 days of sun, great food, culture, people, cocktails and beautiful sunsets - one of our favourite holidays ever and we didn't even shop!
A few of the things we loved :
- Potato Head Beach Club - The perfect way to spend the day eating, drinking and swimming - quite a few of our days were spent here! Best cocktail - Bells & Whistles! Lilin, an Asian tapas style restaurant is part of the club and is also definitely worth a try. Check it out here.
- Mama San Restaurant - specialising in pork, we loved everything we tried and recommend the 'La Lot'. Check it out here.
- Sarong Restaurant - A beautifully designed restaurant using recipes sought out from street vendors - amazing! Check it out here.
- A day trip to Ubud - We visited the monkey forest, the rice terraces and had lunch at Indus which looked over the Tjanpuhan river - a view to die for.
- A day trip to Jimbaran - We spent the day at the Karma Kandara Resort from which we had to take a cable car down the the private beach. From here we went to the Ayana to see the stunning sunset from the Rock Bar and then to a seafood BBQ right on the beach at Surya seafood restaurant - the perfect day.
- Our villa - We stayed at The Amala and actually got to try each type of their accomodation including the spa villa, pool villa and their 3 bedroom residence! It was bliss and very difficult to leave every morning.
Monkey Forest - Ubud
Rice Terraces - Ubud
Drinks at Potato Head - Lilin
Beach at Karma Kandara
Food at Lilin
Surya seafood restaurant in Jimbaran
The Residence (3 bedroom villa) at The Amala
Monkey Forest, Ubud
Indus Restaurant, Ubud